Monday, January 24, 2011

Sentencing policy

I enjoyed Adam Haslett’s review of How to Write a Sentence and How to Read One by Stanley Fish. I’ve heard Fish’s name around but don’t know his work at all. The book looks pretty interesting.

I have few ambitions that I’m aware of, but one of them is to implement a forward-looking raft of proposals to action sustainable enhancements with respect to my capabilities in the area of impactful prose production in order to deliver on the objective of the progressive maximisation thereof.

2 comments:

tim f said...

I enjoyed the following sentence from a popular newspaper in South Sudan:

"The Ministry of Information in the Government of Southern Sudan will establish a state coordination office to strengthen its linkage with state ministries of information and communication so as to facilitate multi-directional seamless informational flow between the states at Juba."

Tom Freeman said...

Beautiful. I know that whenever I'm facilitating informational flow, I always do my utmost to make it multi-directional and seamless.

Couldn't they just use Twitter?