Monday, January 18, 2010

Total competence failure

Having to describe my lost scarf over the phone to someone who works at the cinema where I left it.

I really have very little idea. Pretty sure it’s a mix of fairly sedate colours, with some brown and some grey in there somewhere. Although at one point I realised I was describing the scarf that I’d had when I was 15.

Well, I don’t know. I don’t really get the whole clothes/fashion/style thing; I’ve never really paid much attention to what the scarf looks like, other than to notice that it’s nice enough. It keeps my neck warm.

But I’m sure I’ll know it if I see it, and they say they’ll let me come in and inspect the line-up (they have five).

(Apologies to JE, who bought me it.)

Update: Ha! Got it. And I have to say my description was a lot better than either I or the cinema bloke were giving me credit for.

2 comments:

tim f said...

The line-up?

Were these all lost scarves, or did they get get in four scarves especially and tell you they'd only give you the found scarf if you could identify the correct one?

Tom Freeman said...

They were all lost scarves. Although one of them was Kevin Spacey, so I figured it couldn't possibly be him.