- 'Cameron has shifted the Conservatives on to the centre ground'
- 'The Tories have promised plenty of action on poverty and inequality'
- 'It's impossible to know how far the Tory agenda would be delivered in office, or how successful it would be'
[Update: Liam sternly takes issue with Don - worth a read too.]
Paulie speaks up - ’cos no other bugger’s doing it – for representative democracy and party politics:
in a country in which public debate has told us that....
... and so on, the fact that *anyone* voted at all is something of a miracle.
- there's no real difference between the parties
- they're all in it for themselves
- they're all greedy / dodgy
- voting is a waste of time
- we're more interested in Big Brother, innit?
The fact that 61% turned out [in 2005] shows what is possible if politicians in general were to put up a bit of a fight on behalf of representative government.