Friday, August 29, 2008

Heart-rending tedium

Today, I am mostly formatting a preposterously long bibliography for a report we’re publishing. The worst thing is that the author has clearly gone to pains to get all the references formatted in the same way. The wrong same way…

Freeman TA. Heart-rending tedium. Freemania 2008 29 August. http://viva-freemania.blogspot.com/2008/08/heart-rending-tedium.html [accessed 29 August 2008].

I could have worked for MI6, you know. Or been a lumberjack. I’m just saying.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what's the right same way then?

Tom Freeman said...

As shown. Sorry, the ellipsis probably gives the wrong impression. I meant it as a despairing-beyond-words tailing-off, rather than a downtempo colon substitute.

Anyway, I've done it all now and it's the weekend and you can't make me talk about work any more. So there!