Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I wish to register my stupidity in the stupidest possible terms

Nelson of spEak You’re bRanes peruses the latest rantings of fools to be flocculated by the BBC’s incomparable Have Your Say facility.

This is an actual comment, made in earnest by a real person:

I am registered blind and rely on accurate weather reports. I live in Stevenage, but it was not stated that it would rain today on any BBC weather forecast. So, I decided to put my washing out as it would be dry, only to return to my washing line hours later and find my clothes had been drenched. Thanks for ruining my wardrobe BBC.

Nelson’s response:

Perhaps you should register as stupid instead. To be honest, I’m a little worried that you might just have had your balaclava on back to front all these years.

(Via Paulie.)

I like this idea of being registered stupid. I might get a card made.

No comments: