Friday, September 26, 2008

Who will answer the 3am call?

Not Hillary, despite her earlier campaign ads. And not me, either.

Assuming that it actually goes ahead, the first presidential debate will be tonight, and I’d been planning to liveblog it. But it turns out that the bloody thing starts at three in the morning. So I think that, whichever of McCain and Obama impresses or trips up, I will certainly prove my own unfitness to lead the free world through any wee-hours emergencies that might erupt.

5 comments:

Liam Murray said...

One BBC story suggest 0100 GMT although the News24 programme starts at 0200 ?!

I had intended to get to bed early and then get up to join you - a mixture of excitement about the debate itself and an altruistic desire to make sure you're blogging to at least one other....

Tom Freeman said...

Well, according to the Commission on Presidential Debates it gets going at 9pm EDT. And as far as I can tell EDT is 6hrs behind BST...

Matt M said...

Can't you get hold of The West Wing debate episode and pretend?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Debate

Anonymous said...

If you are watching the debate, you might like to play "Informal fallacy bingo". It looks like fun.

Tom Freeman said...

Hmm. I may have erred. A couple of places reckon the debate starts at 2am not 3am. It's now just after 1.30. I'm fairly tired. I wonder...