Friday, September 22, 2006

BBC2 Thursday night comedy

I’ve watched two episodes of the new series of Extras without laughing once. I mean, it’s not bad, but it’s also very clearly not good either.

That Mitchell and Webb Look, on the other hand, is much better. A sketch show, so naturally hit and miss, but with just enough hits to keep me happy. I especially liked the heroin addict opening his Christmas presents. (Aunt: “I know how much you like heroin… I did get you some last year too, but I thought well, why not again?” Gran: “It’s some nice cocaine for you, dear – that is the one you wanted, isn’t it?”)

And then Newsnight had coverage of procedural motions at the Green Party conference… priceless.

2 comments:

mooney said...

Just got back from the pub.

This is an example of the WORST the internet has to offer.

Can't even watch 'Extras' or 'Mitchell and Webb' without assuming that someone actually cares about your opinion.

This is vanity publishing gone mad... and then eating itself.

Tom Freeman said...

I'd retort, but that would mean assuming that somebody actually cares about my opinion of your opinion of my opinon of TV programmes.