Monday, September 18, 2006

Go back to your constituencies…

…and prepare for broadband!

From the BBC:

[Lib Dem] Campaigns chief, Ed Davey, says: “We are an open, democratic party. Blogging is something Liberal Democrats feel very comfortable with.”
It is not, he claims, an activity that comes naturally to the “control freaks” of Labour.
“I could not imagine Gordon Brown as a natural blogger,” he adds.


Well, you know, I couldn’t imagine Ed Davey (or for that matter Ming Campbell) as a natural cabinet minister. I’d rather Brown focused on running the economy than on blogging.

But I’m being unfair. Davey understands that blogging isn’t the number one Lib Dem ambition in politics:

“I am not going to say it is more important than getting on the Today programme or Newsnight – but we do take it seriously."

No comments: